Sunday, March 30, 2014

Where have I been?

Hi Everyone!
I am back and ready to go! I have spent the last few months building a new web site. It should be live Tuesday. YES! If you want to check it out I would love some feedback www.elitephysiquesinc.com.
I have learned so much about Wordpress but, have lots more to learn.

I went shopping today with one of my trainers to Whole Foods. I love going there.
We spent most of our time checking out the veggies and greens but also checked out a couple of my favorite super foods. 
Here they are:

1) Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is the most economical health food you can have in your kitchen. For about $20, you can have a gallon of this amazing healing tonic, which will easily last you 3-4 months.
Apple cider vinegar has been shown to make us more sensitive to insulin (great for diabetics and blood sugar problems), curb our appetite, and even assist with weight loss.
I usually start my day with a glass of water with 1-2 tbsp of apple cider vinegar and a little lemon





2) Chia Seeds
Chia seeds are one of the best sources of fiber and omega-3s that the plant kingdom has to offer.  Plus, since chia absorbs about 12x their weight in water, they make for a great thickening agent, which is ideal for home made puddings.
Chia seeds are an unprocessed, whole-grain food that can be absorbed by the body as seeds (unlike flaxseeds). One ounce (about 2 tablespoons) contains 139 calories, 4 grams of protein, 9 grams fat, 12 grams carbohydrates and 11 grams of fiber, plus vitamins and minerals. 
The mild, nutty flavor of chia seeds makes them easy to add to foods and beverages. They are most often sprinkled on cereal, sauces, vegetables, rice dishes, or yogurt or mixed into drinks and baked goods. They can also be mixed with water and made into a gel. 
I put them on my yogurt in my green smoothie and on my veggies. The only bad thing is they get stuck in my teeth.

Chia seeds are supposed to expand in your belly, helping you to feel full, eat less, and ultimately shed pounds.

What do you think about these 2 super foods?

I will see you again sooner!

Sherry

No comments:

Post a Comment